Google Search Console is a free tool offered by Google that helps website owners monitor and maintain their site’s presence in Google Search results. It provides valuable insights into how Google crawls and indexes a website, as well as any potential issues that may affect search performance. Some of the benefits of using Google Search Console include:
- Monitoring search traffic and performance: You can see how many people are clicking through to your site from Google Search, which keywords and queries they’re using, and which pages on your site are performing well.
- Identifying and fixing crawl errors: The tool can help you identify and fix technical issues on your site that may be preventing Google from crawling and indexing your pages correctly.
- Submitting sitemaps and checking crawl status: You can submit sitemaps to Google through the tool, and check the crawl status of individual pages to ensure they’re being indexed correctly.
- Understanding which sites link to you: You can see which other websites link to your site, and use this information to improve your link building efforts.
- Monitor and improve mobile usability: Google Search Console allows you to monitor mobile usability issues, such as text too small to read or click elements too close together, and fix them to improve the mobile experience for users.
Overall, Google Search Console is a valuable tool for website owners, as it provides a wealth of information about a site’s performance in Google search results and can help identify and fix any issues that may be impacting search visibility.